‘Exceptional DBA Award’ Prizes Clarification
This is to clarify the confusions about the prizes to be won on the RedGate-sponsored ‘Exceptional DBA of 2008’ Award. I have written something about winning $15, 000.00. That turned out to be quite wrong. The following is a clarification from RedGate:
Many thanks for your email, and I apologize if there has been any confusion regarding the prizes. A newsletter with an announcement about the awards stated that ‘there are prizes worth over $15k to be won’. This means that the total value of the winner’s and finalists’ prizes together is $15k. There is no cash prize to be won. Here is a list of the prizes available, as seen on the Home page of the awards http://www.exceptionaldba.com/index.htm:
The winner will receive:
– An ‘Exceptional DBA of 2008’ trophy to keep.
– A SQL Toolbelt™ with 36 months’ support and upgrades, worth $2792.
– A full conference pass for the 2008 PASS Community Summit.
– Four nights’ hotel accommodation and $300 towards travel expenses for the 2008 PASS Community Summit.
Each of the four remaining finalists wins:
– A certificate to recognize success.
– A SQL Toolbelt™ with 36 months’ support and upgrades.
I hope that this information answers your questions, and we wish you best of luck with the awards!
With best wishes,
Claire (Info ommited)